Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

My place..the heaven

Let me just describe where exactly this place is. i used to face this problem right from my school days. Back in school. after summer hols the whole class will b in a heated discussion ,about their native place. They used to find it really funny,about me not having a native place. Yeh..ammas place is just 10 kms away from my dads place.. and here all that decriptions what they say about “ the native exists”..the green fileds, ponds, temples ..yeh its kannanur..” not kannur(another term misunderstood”..around 20 kms away from palakkad station.

It can be called heaven. People here feels all that happens is for good, and are miles away from reality. Everybody know each other. If you just plan for a morning or eening walk , don’t expect to reach on schedule time. You will find 100s of people on the way talking to you. It’s a place where in midst of conflicts people do really care and help one another at time of distress ( d whole thing called conflicts dissapears in seconds). Its half way between “modern, city type and the country”. Most of People inspite of being educated don’t wanna move from this place. Its just a internal,quite deep affinity towards this place. But the scenario now is changing I guess.

When I look back, there have been tremendous change in past 20 years. People have all d way prospered. They account this to “lord ayappa “ , the main temple in the vicinity. The childhood memories are just so refreshing. The festivals or any other events inclined to the temple used to send waves across the place. Each and every house will be overflowing with relatives. Its immense fun watching the the whole possessions elephants in a row, chenda melam, thaala poli, vedi kettu..still fresh in mind.

Here the communist party rules. Any problem around are solved by them. There used to be a time when the party was really active and their deeds where really appreciated. But now the fresh minds have polluted it. Its become more of a private affair.

But, I feel to actually meet the reality one should leave this place. I had faced real problems in my early days of engineering, and now continuing in my later days of mba .You don’t know whom to trust? Whom to talk to? The other side of hedge is just so contrary. But the exposure is really moulding my personality. I guess I have changed to an extend. A change for good J

No comments:

Post a Comment