Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

rain!!!!

It’s raining!!!

I remember the very first thing my mom told when I was leaving for Bangalore, “di you will become fair, have heard that Bangalore is very cold”. The green city still is a amusing place for people far-off. The as always boasting neighbor was praising her daughter, who is Bangalore and was giving inference to my moms comments. its been 2 months since I came here and each and every call my mom makes ,she will always make it a point to ask about the weather here.

Hey “mamma Bangalore is in the same planet”. And her perception about b-climate is so strong “ohh!! Its hot in d morning, but night must be cool, wear your sweaters”.
I think iam deviating from the topic. So yesterday’s downpour was just so refreshing. I was waiting for the clock to strike 6, so that I wake up quite early as possible and make a quick phone call and tell how it rained here and blah...

Sundays are always long awaited. If you ask a non-party goer like me what I would prefer to do in weekend. Instant reply “movies or snooze”. The change in lousiness is instant with a sudden outburst of rain. My favorite pass time way back in home in home used to be “sneaking out in rain to the terrace”. Open your hands wide open, look upon the sky and feel the rain. Its wonderful. The feeling is quite heavenly. The world is in your hands, feel the strength of the rain drops, wind and of course sudden jerk of thunder will obviously wake you up. And now again you can capture the best moments. That’s when technology comes handy. “Taking snaps with mob “and posting in “orkut or facebook”. Apart from all these is the whole feeling “ the black and white sky, the overflowing terrace, the splashing sound of water droplets and the huge “don’t know what tree” (messes our terrace with leaves) giving a boarder to the portrait. Of course yesterday’s rain brought in a different sort of pleasure, the city-type, even though it did remind me of the country portrait. It washed away all the virtual over load I thought I had. It woke me up. And I found myself dancing I the power cut that accompanied. Probably like the rain just adsorbed all the tensions in me. May be it dint get imbibed in the concrete floor of hostel hostel (base is not strong), got swept away with the winds. The bottom line is “iam happy “.

“The rain drops hit my window pane, knocking me from a long deep slumber”. And I woke up “it’s a new day”.

1 comment: